A hard disk drive (HDD) is a data storage device used for storing and retrieving digital information using rapidly rotating disks (platters) coated with magnetic material. An HDD retains its data even when powered off. An HDD consists of one or more rigid rapidly rotating disks with magnetic heads arranged on a moving actuator arm to read and write data to the surfaces.
A solid-state drive (SSD) contains no actual disk, nor a drive motor to spin a disk. It is a data storage device that uses integrated circuit assemblies as memory to store data persistently. SSD technology uses electronic interfaces compatible with traditional block input/output (I/O) hard disk drives, thus permitting simple replacement in common applications.
NVM Express (NVMe) is a specification for accessing solid-state drives (SSDs) attached through the PCI Express (PCIe) bus. As a logical device interface, NVM Express has been designed from the ground up, capitalizing on the low latency and parallelism of PCI Express SSDs, and mirroring the parallelism of contemporary CPUs, platforms and applications. By allowing parallelism levels offered by SSDs to be fully utilized by host's hardware and software, NVM Express brings various performance improvements.
• Fast and Consistent Performance<br> • AES 256 bit Hardware Encryption<br> • Temperature Monitoring and Logging<br> • Enhanced Power Loss Data Protection<br>
• Best-in-class hardware encryption<br> • 1TB SATA3 6Gb/s - 2.5-inch (7mm)<br> • Up to 530 / 510 MB/s on all file types<br> • Accelerated by Micron 3D NAND technology<br>
• 256-bit Encryption Standard<br> • Intel 3D NAND TLC Technology<br> • 1TB SSD PCI-E M.2 NVMe P3100<br> • PCIe Based Data Center SSD M.2<br>
• 16GB - 288pin Registered DIMM<br> • On Die Termination using ODT pin<br> • Supermicro Certified Server Memory<br> • 78FBGA with Lead-Free & Halogen-Free<br>
• 288pin Registered RDIMM; RoHS<br> • 16GB DDR4 - Speed of 2666MHz<br> • Supermicro Certified Server Memory<br> • Supports ECC error correction and detection<br>
• 16GB DDR4 - Speed of 2666MHz<br> • Gold edge contacts and Halogen-free<br> • Onboard temperature sensor; Dual-rank<br> • Supports ECC error detection and correction<br>
• 288pin RDIMM; Single Rank<br> • 16GB DDR4 - Speed of 2666MHz<br> • Gold edge contacts - Halogen-free<br> • Supermicro Certified Server Memory<br>
• 288pin Registered DIMM; RoHS<br> • 8GB DDR4 - Speed of 2666MHz<br> • Supermicro Certified Server Memory<br> • 78FBGA with Lead-Free & Halogen-Free<br>