A hard disk drive (HDD) is a data storage device used for storing and retrieving digital information using rapidly rotating disks (platters) coated with magnetic material. An HDD retains its data even when powered off. An HDD consists of one or more rigid rapidly rotating disks with magnetic heads arranged on a moving actuator arm to read and write data to the surfaces.
A solid-state drive (SSD) contains no actual disk, nor a drive motor to spin a disk. It is a data storage device that uses integrated circuit assemblies as memory to store data persistently. SSD technology uses electronic interfaces compatible with traditional block input/output (I/O) hard disk drives, thus permitting simple replacement in common applications.
NVM Express (NVMe) is a specification for accessing solid-state drives (SSDs) attached through the PCI Express (PCIe) bus. As a logical device interface, NVM Express has been designed from the ground up, capitalizing on the low latency and parallelism of PCI Express SSDs, and mirroring the parallelism of contemporary CPUs, platforms and applications. By allowing parallelism levels offered by SSDs to be fully utilized by host's hardware and software, NVM Express brings various performance improvements.
• No software to install<br> • Eeco-friendly solution<br> • Voice and video applications<br> • Powerful network performance<br>
• Ideal choice for write-intensive<br> • More power and half the energy<br> • Endurance to handle 24/7 operations<br> • Low latency and high quality of service<br>
• End-to-end data protection<br> • More power and half the energy<br> • Endurance to handle 24/7 operations<br> • Low latency and high quality of service<br>
• Validated to ensure quality and performan<br> • Verified with SM servers; AOC cards; storage<br> • Cable is compliant with T10 and SFF standard<br>
• Triple-level cell (TLC) 3D NAND Flash<br> • 1.92TB built-in AES-256-bit encryption<br> • Perfectly tailored to meet the needs of this data<br> • Consolidate storage platforms & smooth migration<br>
• 288-pin RDIMM Single Rank<br> • 16GB DDR4 - Speed of 2400MHz<br> • Supermicro Certified Server Memory<br> • Supports ECC error correction and detection<br>
• Compatible with CSE-113<br> • Supermicro Certified Rail Set<br> • Linear Friction Rail Mechanism<br> • For 17.2 Wide & 24 Deep Chassis<br>
• 8GB DDR4 - Speed of 2400MHz<br> • 288-pin; RDIMM ECC Registered<br> • Supermicro Certified Server Memory<br> • Temperature sensor w/ integrated SPD<br>