A hard disk drive (HDD) is a data storage device used for storing and retrieving digital information using rapidly rotating disks (platters) coated with magnetic material. An HDD retains its data even when powered off. An HDD consists of one or more rigid rapidly rotating disks with magnetic heads arranged on a moving actuator arm to read and write data to the surfaces.
A solid-state drive (SSD) contains no actual disk, nor a drive motor to spin a disk. It is a data storage device that uses integrated circuit assemblies as memory to store data persistently. SSD technology uses electronic interfaces compatible with traditional block input/output (I/O) hard disk drives, thus permitting simple replacement in common applications.
NVM Express (NVMe) is a specification for accessing solid-state drives (SSDs) attached through the PCI Express (PCIe) bus. As a logical device interface, NVM Express has been designed from the ground up, capitalizing on the low latency and parallelism of PCI Express SSDs, and mirroring the parallelism of contemporary CPUs, platforms and applications. By allowing parallelism levels offered by SSDs to be fully utilized by host's hardware and software, NVM Express brings various performance improvements.
• 1TB - Storage optimized<br> • Outstanding quality and reliability<br> • Optimized for cloud storage efficiency<br> • Advanced manageability and serviceability<br>
• Add on card support: 4x PCI-E 3.0<br> • Up to 256GB Registered ECC Memory<br> • Support Intel Xeon processor W-21xx series<br> • 2x U.2 connectors; 2x M.2 connectors and NVMe<br>
• FastFormat 512 Emulation / 4K Native<br> • 1.8 TB HDD for mission critical applications<br> • PowerChoice Tech; Latest 12Gb/s SAS interface<br> • No preventive maintenance or adjustments required<br>
• Integrated dual port SAS controller<br> • Improve data center storage efficiency<br> • 1.2 TB HDD for mission critical applications<br> • No preventive maintenance or adjustments required<br>
• Intel QuickPath interconnect<br> • Integrated memory controller<br> • Quad-core; 64-bit Processing<br> • 4.50 GHz Overclocking Speed<br>