A hard disk drive (HDD) is a data storage device used for storing and retrieving digital information using rapidly rotating disks (platters) coated with magnetic material. An HDD retains its data even when powered off. An HDD consists of one or more rigid rapidly rotating disks with magnetic heads arranged on a moving actuator arm to read and write data to the surfaces.
A solid-state drive (SSD) contains no actual disk, nor a drive motor to spin a disk. It is a data storage device that uses integrated circuit assemblies as memory to store data persistently. SSD technology uses electronic interfaces compatible with traditional block input/output (I/O) hard disk drives, thus permitting simple replacement in common applications.
NVM Express (NVMe) is a specification for accessing solid-state drives (SSDs) attached through the PCI Express (PCIe) bus. As a logical device interface, NVM Express has been designed from the ground up, capitalizing on the low latency and parallelism of PCI Express SSDs, and mirroring the parallelism of contemporary CPUs, platforms and applications. By allowing parallelism levels offered by SSDs to be fully utilized by host's hardware and software, NVM Express brings various performance improvements.
• Optimize Your Existing Infrastructure<br> • Unlock the Value of Your Data Faster<br> • Micron 3D TLC NAND - U.2 (2.5-inch; 15mm)<br> • Get Peace of Mind With Solid Data Protection<br>
• Supermicro Certified<br> • 204pin ECC-SO-UDIMMs<br> • 1.35V 2Rx8; speed of 1600MHz<br> • High-speed operation memory modules<br>
• Supermicro Certified<br> • Tool-less NVMe drive tray<br> • 2.5 Tray - Hot-Swappable<br>
• Hot-pluggable SFP+ footprint<br> • Built-in digital diagnostic functions<br> • Receiver limiting electrical interface<br> • Wide commercial temperature range<br>
• Broadcom 3008 SAS3 IT mode controller<br> • Supports Intel Xeon Scalable Processors<br> • 45 Hot-swap 3.5 SAS3/SATA3 drive bays<br> • 1600W Redundant Power Supplies Platinum Level<br>
• Broadcom 3108 SAS3; HW RAID controller<br> • 2 GbE LAN ports via Intel i210; 1x IPMI LAN port<br> • Up to 1TB ECC - DDR4-2666MHz; 8 DIMM slots<br> • 1600W Redundant Power Supplies Platinum Level<br>